[Sussex] A new look to our web site

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sat Jul 31 11:15:40 UTC 2004

Okay then boys and girls

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 10:47:01AM +0100, Steve Dobson wrote:
> I've just rolled out the new look to our website.  It took me a while
> because the public server is using an older version of PHP than my
> Debian laptop (the development system) so I had to modify some of my
> programs.

I worked late into this morning and have now converted the site to
XHTML 1.0.  It looks very much as it did before, but now it should
render in all browsers.  Those with access to different browsers
please take a look for me.  Any problems then e-mail images privately
as before.

I did get the code to verify using both the XHTML & CSS verifiers and
have added the appropriate tags.  I am also going to go for bobby
approval - we almost have that too.

Here are my list of tasks, in the order I plan or doing them,  The
first has to be done with the site live as I the site has to be scanned
by the bobby verifier.

  1). Make the site bobby approved.

  2). Add a search tool under the buttons.

  3). Add a fortune to the bottom of each page.

  4). A form that allows people to add there name to a list for
      each months moot.  The page will allow any name to be
      added, and all names will be cleared on the first day of
      each month.  [Jon, can you e-mail me the e-mail address
      where this list should be sent.  I'll also have it copied
      to me, you, Geoff and Gareth.

  5). Add some Wiki pages.