[Sussex] Hi

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Wed Jun 2 18:32:36 UTC 2004

Wow, two bites...

Thomas Adam wrote:

>>And Gentoo isn't?!?!?!?!?!?  You've waved the Gentoo flag a bit in the
>>past.
>>
>>Steve
>>

>I would have replied, but the problem is I was straining my neck to look
>at Geoff on that high _high_ horse. :)
>
>-- Thomas Adam

Sorry Thomas, I didn't mean to imply that I was immune from that
syndrome.. just that whenever someone asks certain people suggest that
the majority of the LUG are debian users.. it's actually just that some
of the most vocal members of the LUG are debian users.   I don't want to
start a straw poll, but there are (to my knowledge) as many Gentoo users
here as Debian users, and may more who use no fixed distro... because of
my job and personal interests I fall into all of those groups.

Moreover the suggestion that anyone distro is the perfect solution for
everyone is inherently wrong, whether that is Gentoo, Debian, Mandrake,
Red Hat or Peanut...

...and besides all that I was a bit stressed when I wrote that post and
was looking to vent my spleen a little :)

- Geoff....