[Sussex] starting KDE

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sun Jun 6 19:57:16 UTC 2004

> I am havin a little problem with KDM.
> After installing XFce4 thats all it will load when I login.
>
> Other users are free to choose there window manager but no matter which
> I choose XFce is the one that loads.
>
> I have looked at kdmrc but to be honest Im not sure what I might have
> changed :-(
>
> Any ideas please

Have a look at /etc/xinit

I think that when you install a new window manager, it simply changes the
/etc/xinit/xinitrc symlink to itself from what it was before.

You can override this from your .xinitrc, or you can set the default
window manager to kde by deleting the symlink and pointing it at the
xinitrc.kde

--
John