[Sussex] Semi useless info

Alan Fitton alan at enigma.ajfuk.net
Mon Jun 7 15:49:19 UTC 2004

> Just had a message from an IT manager of a company that I support.
> We have a log folder that records all emails sent from the mail server,
> he normally clears it out daily but has been on holiday for a week.
> Went to do it today and had to move 50,646 emails out of the log folder.

That's what logrotate is for, maybe you should set that to clear the log
folder on a regular basis. I aim to get my server to work on autopilot, so
I *should* be able to leave them alone unless there's a needed upgrade...
Of course, this doesn't happen, I'm quite the tinkerer. :-)

Just realised I haven't posted here for quite a while, I'm still alive :)
Alan