[Sussex] [OT] Warships of the future...

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Jun 10 16:18:14 UTC 2004

This from bbc news today:

------------------
The Swedish Navy is testing out a new ship which is believed to be the
most "invisible" yet. The Royal Navy and the US Navy both have plans of
their own for similarly futuristic "stealth" ships. BBC News Online
investigates the shape of the future of naval warfare.

The new ship is also controlled by state-of-the-art computers using a
Windows NT operating system.

But Kockums and the Swedish Navy deny it could be sabotaged by hackers
and say that even if it did they could fall back to traditional steering
and navigation.

Mr Nilsson said: "I am not an expert in computer security but we have
focused a lot on that and this ship has a lot of firewalls and clever
ways of avoiding it (being hacked)."

lmao at the fact they've had to think about it being hacked, anyone
fancy a wireless node in the middle of the ocean?  V. handy for a
cruise around the arabian gulf, maybe even a new event, war-sailing...
:D

Gives a whole new meaning to Blue Screen of Death really.... :p

Matt
--

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software