[Sussex] Ok the gauntlets on the floor!

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Jun 10 20:05:05 UTC 2004

John

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:44:12PM +0100, John D. wrote:
> I understand that the TCP/IP stack in windows
> originates in BSD. How true that is, is probably anyones guess.

No, it is very true.  Well know fact.  The only bit of Win32 programming
I have ever done was I had to do because I new how to do socket programming
on Solaris.  The BSD TCP/IP stack is called sockets, if the programming
environment has a socket API then the chances are that it's a derived work
of the BSD code.