[Sussex] McLinux

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Fri Jun 11 16:01:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:55:44 +0100
Geoff Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com> enlightened us with:

> It is being reported this morning that McDonald's is switching to
> Linux.  Initially this will in Germany only but it is considered a
> pilot for their entire infrstructure.

Interesting, I always saw Linux as more of the local kebab van type of
food, anyone can own one, you just need to buy the hardware... ;)

I can't wait for the first GPL'd burger, I could take it, add a few
ingredients and call it the McMatt :D

On the upside, if this "market leader" is seen to implement Linux, maybe
we could see a Super-Size portion of the market swapping from Windows to
Linux.

hmmm, maybe McDonalds aren't so bad after all... (insert favourite
anti-capitalist rant here)

Matt

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software