[Sussex] Neat MTA trick

Alan F alan at slug.greenmeads.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 14:21:03 UTC 2004

Had a thought this morning about another way to curb the deluge of spam
I get :)

I have now setup Postfix and BIND so that mail sent to any subdomain of
my domains is accepted and sent to my maildir, the advantage being that
if an address gets abused I can blackhole it with an MX record, so my
MTA/spam/antivirus doesn't have to deal with it. Now that I've started
using it, should be interesting to have a clear idea of where my spam
comes from... As you can see, I've tried this for my SLUG subscription
(I've always had a suspicion that my address got harvested from the
lug.org.uk archives...)

Oh, and before anyone says anything... I'm sure you could do the same in
Exim :P

Better get back to studying!
Alan