[Sussex] Scary PC fry-up

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 10:59:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

> So the outcome is happy & I've made a technological leap from an AMD
K6 300 MHz CPU / 5.2 GB HDD /
> 128 MB RAM to a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz CPU / 80 GB HDD / 512 MB RAM.

:) I had the same sort of problem about 2 months ago and upgraded from a
Duron 900 to a AMD 64 3200+ it sure is good to have a computer that
doesn't take a day to compile something.

Btw and old machine like that wouldn't like a new HD in it anyway it
might have been part of the reason it didn't boot. But anyway you
probably needed a good excuse to get the upgrade :D.

> BTW: I sounded my partner out about coming to a moot & she seemed
quite happy with the idea... so
> maybe I shall be able to get to one soon.

Cool.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.