[Sussex] Scary PC fry-up

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 15:21:15 UTC 2004

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Angelo Servini [mailto:Angelo.Servini at claybrook.co.uk]
 To: 'LUG email list for the Sussex Counties'

> On another note I'm now setting up at home to look at C# (both Gentoo
and
> Win2k) though I have had no success at getting gentoo to emerge Mono
and
> MonoDevelop however.  It keeps saying that it is not available (and
> something about the emerge tree being masked) - though the Package
database
> at gentoo says it is available.
>
> I'm also going to look at VB.net (hack--ptoo!) I'm going to have to
wash my
> mouth out now!.

Why this madness I have used c# before and it's pretty much like VB.NET
(IMHO) but in a C++ style syntax it's the devil in a white suit.

But have fun anyway

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.

AMD

> The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
privileged.  Unauthorised access
> and use is prohibited. If you received this message in error please
tell us by reply (or telephone
> the sender) and delete all copies
> from your system.
>
> Internet communications are not secure and therefore this Company does
not accept legal
> responsibility for the contents of this message. This e-mail message
has been swept by Activis
> e:)scan for the presence of detectable computer viruses, but we cannot
guarantee that it is virus-
> free and you should scan this email for viruses prior to opening or
saving any attachments.

distribution or any action taken or
> omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.

> Please note that communications sent by or to any person through our
computer systems may be viewed
> by other members of the Hogg Robinson group.
>
> Claybrook Computing Limited (Registered in England and Wales No
1287205) is a subsidiary of Claybrook
> Computing (Holdings) Limited
> Registered Office: Abbey House. 282 Farnborough Road, Farnborough,
Hampshire GU14 7NJ