Why is gnome better? RE: [Sussex] Promoting SLUG

Thomas Adam thomas_adam at bonbon.net
Tue Jun 29 16:09:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:03:53 +0100
Geoff Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com> wrote:

> We're using fvwm exactly as it comes "out of the box" with Debian
> "Woody".   Sadly enough our main goal is to make it look as much like

Hmm, that's a little old. It should do just fine though.

> Windows 2000 as possible (sober, familiar, business like is the order
> of the day).

Have you looked at using/adapting fvwm-themes[1]? That has styles very
similar to that.

> Until this year we had been using the full-on Digital
> Unix red motif styleee that we all know and love ;-)

Indeed. It is for that very reason that I still use fvwm. Motif rules!

-- Thomas Adam

[1] http://fvwm-themes.sf.net

--
"Annie Hall leaves New York in the end. Press rewind, and Woody gets her
back again." -- "Look Inside America", Blur.