Why is gnome better? RE: [Sussex] Promoting SLUG

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Tue Jun 29 16:42:48 UTC 2004

Thomas Adam wrote:

>Have you looked at using/adapting fvwm-themes[1]? That has styles very
>similar to that.

I've looked at a lot of stuff (including the Crystal projects version of
fvwm) - but the weight of having a stable, preconfigured Debian package
in Woody is great compared to the effort of creating our own custom
Debian package - we already spend more than enough time up to our
armpits in dpkg-source -x, dch --inc and dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
,thank you very much. :-)

>Indeed. It is for that very reason that I still use fvwm. Motif rules!

I have to say that I like the way having a Motif look and feel makes me
feel geekier, but it also reminds me of the DEC Alpha's at university
and endless hours hacking on Oracle 6 using NEdit... *shudder*

--
Geoff