Why is gnome better? RE: [Sussex] Promoting SLUG

Thomas Adam thomas_adam at bonbon.net
Wed Jun 30 12:06:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:45:32 +0100
Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

Steve -

> Tom

Yeeesh! :) Please, call me Thomas, not Tom. :)

> Not quite true (as I remember it).  Scott McNealy (CEO, Sun) had

I don't remember it at all. All wayyyy before my time.

> publicly announced that Sun would never go the Motif route.
> Unfortunely (for him) the raise of a powerful Windows based desktop
> platform necessitated that the Unix vendors standardized their systems
> -- to make it easy for 3rd party software houses to write apps that

Yes, this is more or less what I have read. See it _was_ popular at one
point. :D

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Annie Hall leaves New York in the end. Press rewind, and Woody gets her
back again." -- "Look Inside America", Blur.