[Sussex] re: wireless

Simon Chappell s.chappell at isnsuk.com
Tue Mar 2 12:32:12 UTC 2004

thanks for all your posts on the wireless problem.

i have decided to order the DWL-122 USB wireless adapter as suggested by
jon.
I did have a SMC 2632V2 prism2 card but it only worked
occasionally(Which may be a faulty card)
I tried 2.4 and 2.6 kernels in gentoo and had the same problem that i
just could not trust it to work all the time.
I allso tried fedora(after a re-install) and suffered the same problem.
So i am thinking it must be a flaky pcmcia card.
I like the idea of usb so i can flick it into a desktop for testing and
playing with also.

Ill let you knwo how i get on..

Thanks again

Simon