[Sussex] Asterisk

Jon Fautley jon at 3ait.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 13:20:22 UTC 2004

Mark Harrison wrote:
> Or you could go and buy a PC interface that actually supported BT's
> implementation of CLI, such as the Crucible Meteor...

CD50 method
-----------
Cost of CD50            - £10
Cost of parts           - £5
Time Taken to implement - ~1hr if you've not soldered before, and
~20mins for perl implementation

Meteor Method
-------------
Cost of Meteor          - £80
Cost of Parts           - £10(?) (serial cable?)
Time taken to implement - ~30 mins

> Note that you'll need to download the linux interface for it from
> patrick.lidstone.net rather than getting them from Crucible directly. The
> linux interface presents as a xAP message, so you can capture that in pretty
> much anything. xAP libraries are available for C, Python, and PERL on linux.
>
> Personally, I use the linux Meteor driver in a Cygwin window, and then
> capture the xAP events with a .NET application on another PC, but that's not
> the way I'm expecting anyone else to do it :-)

That's an awful lot of overhead to get the CLID information into
asterisk... a 5 line perl AGI script sounds (to me) like a much nicer
implementation, but you don't get the CLID sent to other devices as you
do with xAP.

Jon