[sub] [Sussex] re:- Phil Turners last post

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 09:14:27 UTC 2004

> The point is people on this list do use M$ software ,myself included.
> .zip joins the longgggggggg list of file extensions to be avoided ,if it
was
> not already, and some people might not be aware of this.

I agree absolutely that the list should strip them. I'm surprised that the
list allows attachments at all, TBH. Most lists I'm on have stopped
accepting them now.

In terms of day-to-day use, are you suggesting that ZIPs should be blocked
by the mail servers? I'm involved in a fair bit of VBA development between
here and Spain at the moment. I can't email about VBA/XLA files for obvious
reasons, so at the moment I ZIP them.

M.