[Sussex] What the opposition costs

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Wed Mar 10 16:19:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 15:54 +0000, Tony Austin wrote:
<snip>
> Ha, ha!  Now it turns out that SA is exactly the same as the Extended
> Warranties - worthless.

Well, no, not worthless - just not of a value you can determine at any
given point.  If you subscribe for a ten year period then you will get a
number of upgrades in that period - if however you subscribe for a one
year period you may well not get anything.  Only the power of a monopoly
allows you to have contracts with your customers that say - you pay us,
and if we get around to it you might get a new version.

That, of course, is an over simplification of the situation, but I do
wonder how many other companies could get away with this.

--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology     /   Free Software Foundation
gteale at cmedltd.com  /   tealeg at member.fsf.org

Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.