[Sussex] Password totals

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 14:00:30 UTC 2004

> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 13:42 +0000, Andrew Guard wrote:
> > As I wanted an challenge to do so I decided to look at how many
combinations
> > you could have with password
>
> As a follow-up I suggest looking at how long it takes for a reasonably
> efficient computer program (i.e., not a PHP script) to cycle through
all
> of those combinations.... ;)

Damn and I was going to write a quick script to show how it would be
done I still could and might I could do it in C as well maybe.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.