[Sussex] http://www.mysociety.org/(forwarded)

Phil Slade phil at philslade.uklinux.net
Sat Mar 20 09:16:34 UTC 2004

http://www.mysociety.org/

Update 18th March 2004
mySociety is delighted to announce that we are being awarded £250,000 by the
Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM), in response to a bid we made
partnership with West Sussex County Council just before Christmas. The
funding is part of something called the
e-innovations fund, a pot of government cash set aside to stimulate useful
and innovative new online projects - in otherwords exactly the type of thing
mySociety was set up to build.

Thanks to the enthusiasm and talent surrounding the project, plus the
quality of ideas you have all supplied, they've decided to include us in
their list of supported projects.

We don't have the an enormous amount of detail about the funding yet, but
the bottom line appears to be that it will enable us to build our launch
projects, as submitted and vetted by you all before Christmas.

As I said, we don't have a huge amount more info about this important
development, but if you have questions, please either email them or leave
them on this page of our wiki. We'll then do our best to answer them as best
we can, on that same page.

More news when we get it...

--- a good answer now is better than the perfect answer too late.