[Sussex] Windows XP SP2 firewall nightmare

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 10:46:04 UTC 2004

Actually, when I was at Kingfisher, I went to some VERY bizarre
presentations in which Sun tried to blame all sorts of things for what
turned out to be problems in their hardware :-)

The best one was when a Sun engineer stood up and gave a presentation about
how a cosmic ray, travelling at the wrong angle, could upset two registers
on a SPARC chip... and that was almost certainly the cause of our problems,
oh yes.

Let us not forget that the original "Internet Worm" infected Unix
workstations/servers, and exploited a buffer overrun in a commonly used
MTA...

M.