[Sussex] Woody upgrade - at last

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Tue Mar 30 23:54:24 UTC 2004

Hi all,
Last Friday I got round to doing my upgrade from Potato to Woody. It went
fairly well, until I fancied installing the 2.4 kernel. I kept getting
initrd & other errors & I spent some time trying to get it all going (&
got used to vi again in the process).

Evenutally I decided to use the 2.2.20 kernel on the CDs & after the usual
"ERR 111" on X first time around, everything is back & looks great - even
got 1024x768 screen res. To my surprise, the new X config thingy even
tried doing some things automatically.

A few little things to iron out - but otherwise glad to be back. Now I can
at least ask a few questions when they arise.

Best to all,

Gavin.