[Sussex] AMD64

Phil Slade phil at philslade.uklinux.net
Thu May 6 21:06:31 UTC 2004

Flash: Mandrakelinux 10.0 Official for the AMD64 plateform (Athlon64
and Opteron) is now available!

Mandrakelinux 10.0 Official for Athlon(TM)64 and Opteron(TM)
processors provides everything needed for the most demanding computing
requirements. More than just a powerful desktop system, this
innovative new release offers high-end features such as world-class
server capabilities and comprehensive development tools. Mandrakelinux
10.0 Official for AMD64 is an ideal solution for data-intensive tasks
such as high-performance databases, video/audio/3D processing, and for
applications that require mathematical precision and accuracy.

Speed and High-Performance: Mandrakelinux 10.0 for AMD64 is optimized
to take full advantage of the powerful features offered by AMD's
next-generation 64-bit architecture. Linux software for AMD64 is on
average 20% faster than a traditional 32-bit system, yet maintains
complete compatibility with existing 32-bit applications.

Details about Mandrakelinux 10.0 for AMD64 are available online at:
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/10/amd64