[Sussex] Dial-up twice

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Thu May 13 00:00:57 UTC 2004

Gavin Stevens wrote:

> Hi all,

Evening,

<snippage/>

> I'm just baffled as to why it won't work first time but always works
> second time.
>
> Incidentally, dialling-up to my uklinux account (which I'm using as I
> write this) always works first time.

Given this last statement, I would suggest that unless your setup
differes wildly for the two accounts that this would definitely be at
the freeserve end.

It sounds like you either don't connect properly or don't get a correct
DNS setup on the first attempt.

I've no suggestions on how to improve this though.  It's an age since
dialup was an issue for me..

--
Geoff Teale
<tealeg at member.fsf.org>

...one of the people who was there was Craig Mundie, who is some kind of high
mucky muck at Microsoft... I, I, uh, bumped in to him in an, in an elevator...
And uh, I looked at his badge and said, "Oh, I see you work for Microsoft,"
and he looked back to me and said, "Oh, yeah and what do you do?" I thought
he seemed just a sort of a tad dismissive.  I mean, here's the archetypal, you know,
guy in a suit looking at a scruffy hacker.  So I gave him the thousand yard stare
and said, "I'm your worst nightmare."
     - Eric Steven Raymond - Revolution OS.