[Sussex] Áutomated dial up

DOMINIC CLAY dominic.clay at btopenworld.com
Mon May 17 15:29:40 UTC 2004

Chaps,

In my new home I have to wait for a while before Broadband is installed, so
I want to set up a 'dial on demand' system from my Linux server.

My idea is that I would use my Linux box as a central dial up box with a
modem in it.  When one of my two laptops want access to the internet, they
would use the Linux box as a gateway.  The Gateway would dial if required
(ie no connection exists) and just route out if dial up not required (ie
already connected).

Does anyone know of a good tutorial for me to do this or know which .deb
packages I would need?

Cheers,
Dominic