[Sussex] Question re: my presentation

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Thu Nov 4 09:27:42 UTC 2004

Gavin,

SuSE has done this as part of a standard install procedure for many
years now.  Fedora / Red Hat and numerous "user friendly" distros have
(including SuSE) PPP configuration through GUI apps available from their
control panels or preferences menus.

Really Debian, Gentoo, Arch, etc.. are not aimed at novice users and so
they don't make this stuff blindingly obvious (or indeed install it if
the user has no need for it).

This differentiation of distributions approach is a great strength of
Linux but also a frustration for people getting into Linux - if all the
experienced people say Debian/Gentoo/Aunt Mable's Linux is the best how
come it's so hard t figure out?

--
Geoff Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com>
Cmed Technology