[Sussex] help wanted with Spamassassin BAYES setup

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Sun Nov 7 12:16:53 UTC 2004

Can anyone help please.

I have had SA running for some time and it works fine with the non-BAYES
tests,  I have now tried to implement BAYES but it does not seem to be
working - I am expecting to see BAYES_00 test showing for all messages but
it doesn't, nor do any messages get detected as spam with the BAYES test.

These are what I think are the important parts of my setup:-

- Spamassassin v2.64
- running spamd daemonized
- bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin in local.cf
- bayes_file_mode 0666 in local.cf
- files bayes_seen and bayes_toks in /etc/mail/spamassassin with 0777
- I created bayes_seen and bayes_toks with sa-learn on _lots_  of spam and
ham, much more than the 200 of each required I think
- when I run #spamassassin -D --lint I get a message "bayes: no dbs
present, cannot scan /etc/mail/spamassassin_toks"; according to the web
site this is normal (don't understand why) but in any event I have made
copies of bayes_toks as spamassassin_toks

I can't find anything else useful on the Spamassassin web site so, any
ideas would be welcome.

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited