[Sussex] Computer fair

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Tue Nov 9 01:14:55 UTC 2004

Gavin

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 12:01:36AM +0000, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> My apologies for not making it yesterday (or for letting you know as I
> promised). I visited my parents on Saturday, as I had baby Megan all
> day, only to find that my gran was gravely ill. My mum had said that she
> was very unwell, but she had taken a turn for the worse & it was quite a
> shock for me to see that there was not much time left for her.
>
> My gran sadly died in the early hours of 9-Nov at the age of 96 (she
> would have been 97 on 2-Dec).
>
> It is a source of comfort to myself & my family that my gran had a very
> long & very healthy life, & that her final illness was mercifully brief.

May I first offer my condolences to you, and your family, at this time.

There is no need to apologise, I know what you're going through.  My
own grandmother pass away in 1999 at the age of 98, also after a short
illness.  It was a comfort to me and my family that she kept her mind
to the last; and was able to put her afars in order. Her final act was
to check that my aunt knew where her will was before going into a sleep
my aunt is sure she knew she would never wake up from.

I still miss her.  Our lives are the poor for the loss of such people.