[Sussex] login/logout/reboot/shutdown question (Gentoo)?

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 14 19:37:10 UTC 2004

John,

Have you got the necessary rc.conf stuff set?

Here's the relevant bit of mine:

# What display manager do you use ?  [ xdm | gdm | kdm | entrance ]
DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm"

-----%<-----

# Defaults depending on what you install currently include:
#
# Gnome - will start gnome-session
# kde-<version> - will start startkde (ex: kde-3.0.2)
# Xsession - will start a terminal and a few other nice apps

XSESSION="kde-3.3.1"

You may have to do:

rc-update add {xdm/kdm/gdm/???} default

as well, but Geoff is the ultimate slug Gentoo authority, he might know
better.

Steve Williams.