[Sussex] Domain registrar recomendations

Jon Fautley jon at 3ait.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 17:51:50 UTC 2004

On 17 Nov 2004, at 17:01, Diego Moore wrote:

> I'm thinking of grouping the many domains (20+) into one regsitrar,
> most of which are with easily.co.uk
>
> I've used joker.com before and I really like their features, but they
> dont do co.uk domains which is a big nono...

Well, my company (3a IT) is a Nominet tag holder (DESIGNS2WEB) and we
can register almost any domain you want... 3 of the main people at 3a
are subbed to this list, so any technical issues you would have with
them would be quickly resolved, if you went with us :)

> I'm a bit of a power freak and would like advanced control over the
> domains. I like the advanced options in the contol panel of joker.com
> (anyone else used them?).

We don't have a control panel, but just fire off an email to us and the
changes will be made :)

> Has anyone got any recomendations? I'm just tired of sending faxes,
> paying £10 for minor modifications and easily just does not cut it
> anymore. But I'm also not inrerested in building and mantining my own
> DNS server!

ewww, modifications to admin-c/tech-c/etc can be changed by us for no
charge, along with nameservers, etc.

Also, we're doing a SLUG special offer at the moment - .uk domains are
£8/2 years, down from our normal price of £9.49/2 years (hey, it's a
bit of a saving :) and for .com/.net/.org we can do them for £20/2
years, down from our normal charge of £24.75. If you need hosting, I'm
sure we can do a deal on that too :)

Contact details at the bottom of the email.

I have a server colocated with BlackCat which works very well, but they
have had a few outages over the past few months what with Redbus HEX
power outages and the like - and they're not on this list, 3a are :)

123-reg - er, yes. I'll say nothing on them other than a Nelson-style
'Ha ha!' :)

Contact me OFF LIST for any more info on these offers :)

Jon

--
Jon Fautley
3a IT Limited - Open Source Answers