[Sussex] Last night's Moot

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Nov 26 11:36:24 UTC 2004

Hi all

Last night Gavin presented an excellent essay on his travels from Windows
to Debian.  Thanks Gavin for look at Linux from a non-techie view point.
For those of you who missed the presentation and would like to read it
Gavin has kindly provided it in HTML and it is now available on the
website.  If those of you just too lazy to find the like on the title
page then you can find it at
       http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/windows2debian.php.

For anyone still needing ideas for your loved ones this Christmas
I would suggest the Worthing Computer Fair on Sunday 5th December.
Nik and I will be there at the SLUG stand so come along and support
the club.  By supporting the club you could then try and blag trade
prices from one of the other vendors for that 200GByte disk drive
you are planning on buying your partner for Christmas :-)

Next, Mark H has requested that the Moot night be moved.  As a
valued member his request has not fallen on deaf ears, just ears
away from e-mail for the last few days.  As the membership (as
defined by the maillist) has changed over the last few days maybe
now is the time to consider moving the venue too.

So does anyone know of, can offer, or find a venue (and a night)
for us to meet?  The requirements are difficult:
  1). Provide reasonable public transport from both East & West
      Sussex for those without cars,
  2). Provide an environment where we can talk and give presentations,
  3). The venue must be open to all (so new members can just come along),
  4). Have beer (and food), and
  5). Cheap.

Finally, are we to have get together next month?  The "normal" day
would be 30th Dec, but we could have a little meet at a pub somewhere
just for a quite drink and a chat.  Again your ideas and suggestions
please.