[Sussex] Last night's Moot

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sun Nov 28 23:18:48 UTC 2004

Colin

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 05:50:11PM +0000, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> >If those of you just too lazy to find the like on the title
> >page then you can find it at
> >       http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/windows2debian.php.
>
> Nice to have a chance to review the talk which was very enjoyable.
>
> btw - there isn't a link to this talk on the presentations index page.

Correct.  I felt that as an essay it didn't fit in with the other
presentations.

> >Nik and I will be there at the SLUG stand so come along and support
> >the club.
>
> I'll be there to help as usual.

Well that's three then.

> >Next, Mark H has requested that the Moot night be moved.  As a
> >valued member his request has not fallen on deaf ears, just ears
> >away from e-mail for the last few days.  As the membership (as
> >defined by the maillist) has changed over the last few days maybe
> >now is the time to consider moving the venue too.
>
> I think Mark mentioned first Thursday which wouldn't suit me. What is it
> with clubs and societies that they always go for the 1st or last $weekday
> for their meetings? Lets start a campaign to meet on the underused 2nd
> Thursday of each month so that it doesn't feel left out :)

With so few views given I don't think I would be happy moving the meet
on just just three votes (mine, yours and Marks).  Unless we see a lot
more traffic I'm inclinde to say "don't touch".  Come on those of you
that have been to a Moot within the last six months: should we move?
If you haven't made a moot, what night suits you best?

> >Finally, are we to have get together next month?  The "normal" day
> >would be 30th Dec, but we could have a little meet at a pub somewhere
> >just for a quite drink and a chat.  Again your ideas and suggestions
> >please.
>
> An informal (well, more informal than usual) meeting sounds good.

All we need is a pub?