Update.. [WAS] Re: [Sussex] The fair.

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Thu Oct 7 08:41:56 UTC 2004

Hi Nick

Nick Lockyear wrote:
<snippage>
> i am waiting with bated breth to
> see how this group gos and look forward to adding my odd few pennys.

</snippage>

Well, the groups being going strong now for over 2 years (it existed
before that but had been dormant for a long time).

Things like the LUGs presence at the fair are the result of an effort in
recent months to more formally organise the activities group.  I applaud
all those who've been involved in that - whilst I've been very busy this
year and unable to attend meets and the like for quite some time now I
am very happy to see how this group is evolving.

I do hope you be able to swing by and see you guys at some point in the
next few months.

Here at Cmed Tech we've been in stressout mode this week.  The first
live boxen are in the field today!  So my work load is peaking right
now, but hopefully things will get a lot better soon.  One nice upshot
of what we're doing is that some open source stuff (like Ndiswrapper for
example) are getting industrial strength testing and fixing where
necessary so we can use it on Linux based devices in the field.

We're also producing some nice little open source tools around our
products.  Look on Sourceforge for Midge, Bandsaw, PMock and Hacksaw and
at http://www.skypickle.com and http://www.tealeg.uklinux.net for some
examples of what we've been doing.  Hopefully we'll consolidate all that
stuff on a single Cmed F/OSS page soon.

--
Geoff Teale
Software Engineer