[Sussex] Letter... Petition or Letter

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Sun Oct 10 19:30:59 UTC 2004

Steve,

1: You have my permission to incorporate any, or all, of my text, into your
letter, subject to your releasing the modified letter under a creative
commons licence (or such alternative licence as you and I agree upon.)

2: I fully agree that it is far, far, better to send such things as letters
/ faxes to MPs as individuals, rather than issuing "petitions".

One of the things that seems to be generally accepted by all lobbying groups
is that MPs take letters and faxes far more seriously than emails.

Likewise, it is far, far, more effective to write to your local elected
representatives (at whichever scale of government - MEP, MP or councillor),
rather than send a letter to a "minister responsible for".

M.