[Sussex] Microphone problem

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Mon Oct 18 16:25:12 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 05:11:27PM +0200, Antoine JOSSERAND wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Hello -

> to record my voice using Krec but nothing happens. I also checked the
> micro's volume in Kmix (what's weird is that each time I reboot the
> micro's volume is back to 0...). And of course, I checked my micro is
> well plugged ;o)

Are you using ALSA or OSS for sound? I can't remember what the default
kernel version is on Krappix, but you'll find that you'll need ALSA for
duplex settings so that you can record/listen at the same time. While
you can do this for some cards using OSS, not all OSS drivers support
it, whereas ALSA does.

-- Thomas Adam

--
I know nothing, and understand even less.