[Sussex] Firefox Query

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sat Oct 23 21:13:07 UTC 2004

> Oops. Thanks! Is there a way of stopping popup windows from opening in
> their own windows and forcing them to open in tabs, though? Stopping
> popup windows altogether is irritating, but having them appearing is
> equally bad...
> And how about when I click on a link that's set up to open in a new
> window, it'll give me a new tab instead? It would be nice, but I don't
> know if it's possible
> Any ideas?

I think there is a plugin to do open in tabs called "Tabbrowser preferences"
https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=158&vid=785

It simply manipulates hidden tab browser preferences within Firefox. The
options have been added to the nightly build of firefox as of 1st October:
http://blog.codefront.net/archives/2004/10/02/tabbed-browsing-gets-even-better-in-firefox/

--
John