[Sussex] Bloody Distros (again!)/knoppix downloads

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Oct 26 12:51:27 UTC 2004

Hi list,

Recent distasters have made me reconsider distro's i.e. the installing
mandrake 10.1 community went pear shaped, as did the "fit of pique"
installing of knoppix 3.4 to my hard drive, arriving back at mandrake 10.0
official.

I've sent off for a set of Gentoo discs - Yup, a glutton for punishment.

In the mean time, because my attempt at knoppix went to "rat shit", I've tried
to download it again (well a couple of times).

Using opera 7.54 to locate and download I've noticed that it gets so far, and
stops, the only way of continuing being to hit the actual "stop" button and
then "resume the transfer".

Any idea's as to how I'd find out whether it's my end, my ISP (pipex adsl
account) or the mirror that's causing the download to stop unexpectedly (and
yes the attempts at download have all been at various times)??

regards

John D.
--
I'll get me coat then.