[Sussex] Bloody Distros (again!)/knoppix downloads

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Oct 27 11:56:10 UTC 2004

Dominic

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 05:24:46PM -0400, Dominic Humphries wrote:
> Quoting Stephen Williams <sdp.williams at btinternet.com>:
> > I have a number of Gentoo 2004.2 stage tarballs and live CD images. Let
> > me know which you wish and I will burn them to CD for you. Delivery Moot
> > Nite?
>
> I have the complete set of Gentoo source code on a DVD that came with a
> magazine. STILL haven't been able to get it installed. I really think I'm
> cursed to stick with Slackware..
>
> Does anyone know any reason why I can boot the Slack rescue CD no trouble, but
> no other boot CD or DVD ever seems to work? Hell, even tried a USB key without
> success.

Have you checked that you BOIS is configured to boot from CDROM before HDD?
Maybe Slackware is checking for a Slackware rescure CD as part of it's boot
sequence and doing something different - you're not really booting from the
CDROM.

If you disconnect the IDE drives completely does the system still boot of
the Slackware rescure CD?