[Sussex] SDSL pre-registration for Horsham

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Thu Oct 28 11:06:35 UTC 2004

On 28 Oct 2004, at 11:17, Mark Harrison wrote:

> [...]

Eclipse have been very good with me also - except for their billing
department - which sucks.

I'm in two minds about eclipse - they're no longer the fastest ISP in
the UK - Zen hold that crown. They went from 1st to about 7th/8th in
the space of a month - coincidentally, the same month Kingston Comms
purchased them.

I don't like it when ISP's get brought out... it scares me. At least it
wasn't that colossal waste of space Thus PLC that purchased them tho :)

SDSL in Horsham would rock, however :)

Problem is, I doubt that 9 registrations is going to be enough -
considering the lowest reg value for ADSL was about 150 people - and
that required something like a 98% takeup once they confirmed they'd
make the switch.

You could always look at bonded ADSL, or a leased line. I know that
AAISP do bonded ADSL, and I know a few people that use it, and they
rate it very highly... http://www.aaisp.net/

According to a certain Mr Butler, we should be getting SDSL in Horsham
in the next few months (If I recall our convo correctly) - else he gets
a free plasma TV! Let's hope he's correct :)

Jon