[Sussex] Which MUA

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Thu Sep 9 10:39:40 UTC 2004

--On Thursday, September 9, 2004 10:06 am +0100 Mark Harrison
<Mark at ascentium.co.uk> wrote:

<snip anti-Microsoft stuff - which I support entirely>

> - Provide me with an integrated message interface comprosing POP3, SMTP,
> IMAP and NNTP

Maybe Mulberry with Cyrus IMAP viz
<http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/

> - Be able to handle accounts with different authentication settings
> (including NNTP-authentication)

Mulberry does that for mail accounts

> - Support client-side rules to automatically file messages into subfolders
> based on a variety of parameters including (but not restricted to),
> sender, which of my accounts the message has been sent to, subject line
> partial matching.

I think Mulberry and Cyrus IMAP (sieve) can have a good stab at that

> - Runs on Windows [Note 1]

Yes, Mulberry is available for Windows -
<http://www.cyrusoft.com/mulberry/>, Macs and Linux.  It's not Open Source,
but neither is Outlook Express!

Email header aficionados may notice this was sent using Mulberry and
Postfix - clearly more righteous than Mark's setup.

  Iain