[Sussex] Call for talkers

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Sep 17 07:53:44 UTC 2004

Mark

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 07:59:12AM +0100, Mark Harrison wrote:
> There is much that I don't know (that should be obvious from my posts.)
>
> However, since my diary for the week of the next moot is still up in the
> air, I didn't feel it fair/wise to request anything in particular.

The call was not just for this month.  Some talks take time to prepare
and anyway I don't want to have a Moot where we just have presentations.

> I'd like to see someone walk through an Asterisk installation (ideally on
> Debian, but other distributions are avaialble.) I've just got a new box to
> install Asterisk on, and the appropriate line card so it can atlk to my
> phone trunk as well as SIP, but I've not got to grips with it yet.

The glib answer is:
  # apt-get install asterisk
It will pull in all the other depenances 'cos that is what apt does.
Configuing the package once installed is another issue, and as I have
never used it I can't help there.

> If no volunteers are coming, then I'll volunteer, but not for a couple of
> months :-)

I have now getting into the habbit of running OpenOffice when I start
anything that I think might me of intrest.  It not only helps me document
what I've do but helps the list too.