[Sussex] Re: Call for talkers

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Sep 17 13:47:18 UTC 2004

Don't seem to have had Gavin's post yet - I'm sure it will turn up.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 02:25:29PM +0100, Geoff Teale wrote:
> Gavin Stevens wrote:
> > To balance that, I would be happy, in time, to talk about moving from
> > Windows to Linux from the perspective of a "Joe User", which for all my
> > interest in computers, I still am. This is assuming that the group would
> > ever have enough "Joe Users" to make such a talk worthwhile. On the other
> > hand, It occurs to me that such a presentation could subsequently be put on
> > the www or printed for use should the group venture to a computer fair.

Gavin, although I a some what a Linux power user I would be very interested
in your presentation.  For one I never converted from Window (to yes, but
not from [and I don't want to remember that conversion]) so I have no
idea of the problems you faced.

When you do present your talk remember to gag me, Nik, Geoff (if he has
returned) and maybe Jon so we don't keep interrupting you with "You didn't
want to do it like that, but like this...".