[Sussex] Distros

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Tue Apr 5 13:04:30 UTC 2005

Hi

On Tue, 5 April, 2005 13:15, Steve Dobson said:
> the community.  SCO v. IBM has shown me the error of that thinking.

I still say there is little point drawing any conclusions from SCO vs IBM
other than SCO are idiots ;)

> I would suggest that you do look very closely at the issues between the
> two camps, and work out where your allegiance lie.

That actually could also be the problem. Why should I ally myself with one
camp? I have already made it quite clear I am a pragmatist first and
foremost, thus allying myself with either camp would be silly. I will
always pick the best solution, not the purest one or the cheapest one. All
factors are weighed.

> If everyone wanted to play fair it wouldn't matter.  But not everyone does
> want to play fair, and therefore we need rules that force everyone to play
> fair in case they decided to turn in the future.

the only rules we need are the clauses in software licenses and they
should not be imposed on anyone who doesn't want them.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net