[Sussex] Distros

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 14:34:59 UTC 2005

 From: Geoffrey J. Teale [mailto:gteale at cmedltd.com]
 Subject: Re: [Sussex] Distros

> No.  The free software foundation cares about all users, but we
> rightly see that third world users get a lot more benefit from having
> business, scientific and educational software they can use and
> maintain freely than you or I get from having the ability to maintain
> Grand Theft Auto.

With this many posts I thought I better say something at some point or
be left out completely.
Personally for myself I don't mind spending money on games and relies
that most games require a team of people to put hard work and effort
into to produce these games, to some extent completely different to
software that is created and produced by people all over the world for
free.

What I would like to see is my the good games for instance World of
Warcraft that I'm playing at the moment has a Windows and Mac version,
I'd imagine the extra effort of porting to linux isn't too hard
considering the Mac port but again I don't expect to see it happen, as
is the same with other popular games.

Ok this sidetracks from the FSF but at then end of the day the price of
games is less then what you pay for say the latest release of Photoshop
CS2, so I can see why FSF are putting there effort into applications
rather then homes.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.