[Sussex] Brief introduction and Ubuntu question...

Geoffrey J. Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Thu Apr 7 11:30:03 UTC 2005

Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> writes:

> That would be me then.

I had a hunch that would be you :-)

> Well as Geoff has already answered far better than I could I don't have
> so say more to say other than "welcome". (I've never used Ubuntu - for
> no other reason than I tend to want to run the same distro on all my
> machines, servers and laptops).

I'm exactly the opposite.  I tend to skit around installing all manner
of distros all over the place.  Of course my PC here at work is more
stable - it's been on Ubuntu for months now, and I do have some that I
come back to when I need to do some serious work done at home
(principally Arch Linux because if you know what your doing with a
Linux system it's the easist to maintain, manage and develop on -
probably not a beginners distro).

Anyhow I do like to have a look at as many things as possible so I can
try to give sensible answers when people ask me how things compare.
It's this very thing that causes me to raise an eyebrow when Steve
W. (or anyone else) describes me as a Gentoo user/expert.  As I
mentioned in the last moot I haven't touched a Gentoo system in over a
year (probably high time I took another look, but I've got some Gnome
hacking to do right now..).

--
Geoff Teale
CMed Technology            -   gteale at cmedresearch.com