[Sussex] Linus get's bitten on the arse

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Fri Apr 8 08:09:27 UTC 2005

Geoffrey J. Teale wrote:
> Well, Linus made a bad decision and it has finally came back to bite him.
>
> I missed this news in the week, but here it is for those who are as
> uniformed as I am:
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/node/4966
>

> ... that's the real difference between "Free" (as in speech) and "free"
> (as in beer).  I use GNU Arch (or tla to it's friends) a lot and I
> imagine this would be the easiest transition for the kernel developers.

But is tla up to the job of maintaining such a massive codebase?  Its
development has had a slightly chequered history - wasn't there a hoohah
among the lead developers at one point - which resulted in a rather
grudging branch I seem to remember?

Just curious - never used tla properly although had a peek at it a while
back.

Cheers

--
Ronan