[Sussex] Linus get's bitten on the arse

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Fri Apr 8 09:25:53 UTC 2005

Geoffrey J. Teale wrote:
> Ronan Chilvers <ronan at thelittledot.com> writes:
> It's a bit of a brain-strain if you're used to the CVS/Subversion
> model of source control (even more so if you've only ever used
> something god-aweful like Microsoft's Visual SourceSafe).

I use CVS at the moment, but I've just started running into issues with
it, particularly when branching and re-merging.  Been looking at
subversion as a possible replacement which seems to be an relatively
easy transition (?) but is it worth playing with tla some more?  How do
you rate it?  I have very simple versioning requirements, but CVS  is
starting to feel clunky.

Typing this on Ubuntu, btw.  Fab.
--
Ronan