[Sussex] LUG Radio

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Fri Apr 8 18:43:38 UTC 2005

John D. wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 10:35 +0100, Andrew Guard wrote:
>
>>This has not been mention in long time.  The last time was on there
>>second show, lot happen since then.
>>
>>Lug Radio,
>>
>>www.lugradio.org
>>
>>It just about Linux, Open Source and problems with wireless networks.
>>It is encoded in MP3 and Ogg in both low and as high bit rates versions.
>>  You can download it web site or via bit torrent.
>>
>>Personal I download Ogg in high bit rate via bit torrent.  It should
>>take less 10 min's to download.
>>
>>PS It not for the little ones, contains language and topics that some
>>may find offensive. As they have words which are sead everyday in all
>>school playgrounds up and down the land.
>

> Dunno if someone could explain, I kept Andrews email, so that I'd
> remember to have a listen, time permitting.
>
> It's available for download as ogg or mp3 in both lower/standard quality
> and "high" quality.
>
> so, being a good linux user, the HQ ogg stream made sense, but when I
> tried to open it, it wouldn't load to the playlist in XMMS.
>
> Should I have some sort of additional plugin or something? because I
> thought that XMMS would automatically play an ogg download like that?
>
> I'm confused, because I also got the "high quality" download for mp3,
> and xmms wouldn't load that either?
>
> Yet, if I try and play the mp3 download with realplayer, it plays fine.
>
> If I then try xmms to play a ripped mp3, it plays fine as well.
>
> Am I missing something ??

How very strange, I never have a problem but that is ...

Well at the moment I am using Windows a lot and WinAMP, mainly because
of some open source project which I am writing.

Which will be releasing it on Mac, Linux, Windows at same time.  And yes
I will be look for some beta tests (fools) to help me find out any silly
bug in it.  It not ready yet but will be shortly.

The only reason why I am doing all work in Windows as IDE is most stable
in Windows at the moment.

Sorry that could not of been of any help.

OK so here are some simple questions for you?

1) Is the software loading the audio file?

2) Is the software playing it but no output audio?

3) Is the software able to play other files of the same type?

--

The worlds number one O/S publisher is Nokia!