[Sussex] Twisted Firestarter

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Sat Apr 9 23:15:52 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I installed the Firestarter firewall package on Ubuntu, but when I try
to run it, I get the following error message after typing the root
password:

"Failed to run /usr/sbin/firestarter as user root: Child terminated with
1 status."

I haven't the foggiest what this means & would greatly appreciate any
pointers in the right direction.

I had a look at the dependencies for Firestarter in Synaptic & noticed
that it depends on the Gnome esd sound server. I normally have this
disabled & so I enabled it again, but it didn't help.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Gavin.