[Sussex] Twisted Firestarter

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Sun Apr 10 23:19:03 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 11:41:16PM +0100, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:27:14 +0100 Thomas Adam
> It's another of those apps that get added to the "Applications" menu
> in X/Gnome/Icewm or whatever, but actually need to be started from a
> terminal. Catches me out every time - I always presume that, if an app
> is listed in the applications menu, then it can be started from there.

Assuming you have (or Ubuntu has) installed the 'menu' package
installed, then the apps that are console-based often use gksu{,do}
which then (after supplying the correct password) will invoke in an
xterm.

> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

You're welcome.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"