[Sussex] BCF Success - Thanks to Steve D, Colin T and Karl J

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Mon Apr 11 08:43:02 UTC 2005

Fleming, Frances wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> A heartfelt thanks to Steve, Colin and Karl for all the help
> you gave me (**all day** :) ) at the Worthing fair last Sunday.

<Blush> it was fun!

> P.S. I am working on four simple, little demos for the next fair:
> OO.o Writer, OO.o Calc, Karbon14 and one TBD. These are designed
> for ordinary, low end users, to show what can be done. They will
> run on my SuSE 9.2 Pro machine.

That sounds good, we never really get to show what Oo can do. The only
problem might be one of space on the table. We were lucky this month and
were able to expand onto a spare table for free but that isn't always
possible. Might be good to try the demos on one of the laptops that are
normally present at the show.

> Will return the cable at the next moot and hope to buy one at the
> next fair.

Steve will probably say to keep it until the fair - I'm sure he has several
of them.

> Oops, I used "TBD"! That's "to be decided"
> You see, I have been following the list ;)

:)

> Current count: 9 PCs, 3 laptops

Hey! That's more than me. ;)

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

 "Captain, the tribbles are eating the boards, the dilithium is
  decrystalizing, the warp core integrity is shot, the engines refuse
  to talk to me, and -- worst of all -- we're out of duct tape!"